This tutorial will take less than 5 minutes, and at the end, you will have successfully built a complete CRUD application.
In this tutorial, we will use Budibase DB to create a Vehicle Maintenance Log app, consisting of:
- A Vehicles table, to view vehicles
- A Service Log table, to record the service history of a vehicle
- Download the following CSV
- Create a new account at https://account.budibase.app/register (onboarding takes a few seconds)
- Once onboarded, create a new app and call it: Vehicle Maintenance Log
- When asked what database you would like to use, select Budibase DB.
- Name your table: Vehicles
- Click the CSV upload button
- Upload the CSV you downloaded in step 1
- Click on Budibase DB, and create a new table. Call your table Service Log, and uncheck “Generate screens in design section” - we will add these manually.
- Create the following columns:
Relationship (one Vehicle has Many Service Logs)
Options - Our options are;
- Finally, create some rows in the Service Log table, so that we have data to test with.
- Click the Design tab, and click the Add screen button.
- Under autogenerated screens select Vehicles and Service log table, then click Add screens
- Click the preview button and view your new Vehicle Maintenance Log app
You now have a fully working Vehicle Maintenance Log app.
Updated 2 months ago