The number data type stores numbers. A number column is a good choice if you want to store data like age, values, scores, IDs. The number column type is important when you need to do calculations within your data. Within the Number data type, you can provide min and max values. This allows you to add additional validation to your data type.
The process for creating a number column takes a few seconds.
- First, click the Create New Column button
- Give your column a name - we used Score in the video above.
- Choose Number as your data type
- Give it a min of 1, and a max of 5
- Click Save Column
- A number column can only include numbers.
- It cannot include punctuation marks, letters.
- Telephone numbers need to be stored as a text/string data type because they often begin with a 0 and if they were stored as an integer then the leading zero would be discounted.
Updated 3 months ago